CONTACT TRUE IDENTITY PROJECT:
*Personal information + References removed from online version. Available via request*
My passion is to encourage and inspire others to make positive choices toward their health and well being. I am looking for an opportunity to grow and expand my knowledge and being part of a strong team. I am a loyal, self-motivated, driven, goal-oriented, positive, creative natural born leader. I have been teaching many styles of yoga, spin and mat pilates since 2013 and hold 1200+ hours of teacher training and continuing education which provided me full-time teaching and teacher mentorship across Vancouver’s biggest studio communities.
I have a diverse experienced background in guest experience & studio management from 10+ years of Mindbody Online server operating, program direction and management, maintenance and facilities, front desk training and systems/procedures, social media and brand experience and creative direction, teacher mentorship/education. I also have several years in athletic/technical apparel retail management including visual merchandising, image consulting/styling, driving sales, community leadership, team development especially on the sales floor and driven to integrate these skills with potential businesses.
Teaching demo reels and portfolios available through my YouTube channel for interested studios: Click Here
City of Burnaby, Burnaby, BC.
(Sep 2019-Nov 2021)
– I offered 12+ Yoga/Pilates Mat classes for Bonsor Recreation Centre serving a wide range of populations aged 15-85 of all levels and a dominant seniors 55+ and ESL demographic. I established full sold out classes of 35+ students and grew existing class numbers to double or triple of their preceding teachers for those time slots.
Karma Teachers, Vancouver, BC. (2018- March 2019)
– Restorative Yoga Head Teacher Trainer, 200hr YTT Assistant & Mentor, Yoga Teacher
YYoga, Vancouver, BC (2013- Jan 2019)
Yoga & Spin & Pilates Teacher – Taught 15+ weekly Restorative/Yin/Hatha/YHot/Vinyasa/Pilates Mat/Spin classes across 8+ studios across 4 communities in the lower mainland including Westside, Downtown, Northshore and Burnaby.
VGMY: Vancouver Gay Men’s Yoga , Vancouver BC (2016)
Creator and Head Teacher
Westin Bayshore Hotel, Vancouver, BC (2015-2017)
YogaWESTIN Head Teacher – Restorative/Yin/Hatha/Vinyasa yoga
Chopra Yoga Centre, Vancouver, BC (2015 – 2016)
Yoga Teacher – Restorative/Yin/Hatha/Vinyasa yoga
Robert Lee YMCA, Vancouver, BC (2014 – 2015)
Yoga Teacher – Restorative/Yin/Hatha/Vinyasa yoga
YoGuy Men’s Yoga, Vancouver, BC (2014)
Yoga Teacher – Led all Men’s classes in Vancouver
Kit And Ace, Vancouver, BC (Jul-Nov 2021)
Shop Lead: People and Community –
• Primary leader and trainer of in-shop Guest Experience and setting the standard for the Team to provide Guests. Supported the sales floor and Shop Director in daily operations while overseeing 5+ associates. Responsible for the people development in the shop and executing community events including the grand re opening for the Gastown Flagship. Supported the take down of the Park Royal pop up shop to the Gastown Flagship reopening. Assisted the Product and VM Lead with executing merchandising and maintain presentation standards. Wrote in depth closing notes for the ship and indicating areas for development and with a Guest focused intention in mind.
DU/ER, Vancouver, BC (September 2020- September 2021)
Team Lead/Key Holder –
● Manager on duty: Leading, coaching and developing sales associates, opening and closing the store, performing daily operations and as directed by the store manager.
● Moved $300k + total sales to date
which amounts as ⅙ overall brick & mortar revenue company wide.
● Developed several associates to perform to standard and evolved one into another Team Lead.
● Educated sales associates and peers on product knowledge and fittings for new product drops each month/season to maximize sales and hit targets.
● Initiated and successfully executed merchandise plans to drive conversion and repeat sales for new/returning customers.
● Implemented store systems and went above and beyond for day to day operations.
● Primary leader for busiest days of the week, generating KPIs well over forecasted goals consistently.
● Generated exemplary customer reviews on Google as a result of their experience with me which increased word of mouth referrals and increased sales.
Getting Jewcy with Rachel & Hiiro, Vancouver, BC (Present)
Community Outreach Manager/Co-Host – Co-Host of the podcast, recruiting guests and assisting marketing+branding initiatives for expansion. Successfully booked and interviewed 65+ guests and counting primarily via Instagram communications. Generated over 10k YouTube channel views within the first 6 months of being created. Setup collaborations with guests hosting IG Live conversations including a cooking class.
Eastwood Cycle Sanctuary, Vancouver, BC (2014)
Receptionist – Trained all staff on Mind Body Online server. Set up retail inventory.
YYoga: Flow Wellness & Kitsilano, Vancouver, BC (2011 – 2013)
Guest Experience Team Member and YBoutique Specialist
Provided information and sold programs and packages to guests. Booked wellness appointments. Handled retail sales, and administrative duties. Assisted YBoutique Manager with buying, weekly inventory count, and improving monthly budgeting and loss prevention procedures. Educated the Guest Experience Team members on the YBoutique’s operations and new products. Assisted with training new Guest Experience members. Played key roles managing the YYoga friends and family sale and the 2013 staff New Year’s Party.
Motherland, Vancouver, BC (2011)
Retail Sales – Responsible for opening/closing, store operations, and customer service.
Fashion BS Radio, Washington, D.C. (2009 – 2012)
Fashion correspondent – Responsible for reporting on fashion and lifestyle in major cities on the North American West Coast.
14hr Jikiden Reiki Practitioner Training – with Meltem Oner-Legros May 2019)
16hr Crystal Singing Bowl Practitioner Training – with Colin Hillstrom – (May 2019)
20hr Yin, Qi Gong & Energy Body – with Ara Cusack (2019)
36hr Ayurveda Training – With Lucy St. John @Karma Teachers (2019)
200hr Teacher Training – With Lucy St. John and Steve Fazzari @Karma Teachers (2018)
30hr YHOT Teacher Training – With Hillary Keegan and Lisa Sanson @YYOGA (2017)
60hr Mat Pilates Teacher Training – With Marta Hernandez @ Physical Mind Institute (2016)
Introduction to Tensegrity – With Andrew Clements (2016)
Motivational Coaching Techniques Workshop – With Lucy Ulmer (2016)
25hr CanFitPro Group Fitness Theory (FIS) – With Tim Hawke & Tara Lowry (2016)
Level 1 / 2 Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy (PRYT) – Stretch Vancouver with Shivani Wells (2015)
CERTIFIED SCHWINN Indoor Cycling Teacher- Spin Society with Andrea Leigh (2015)
Registered Yoga Teacher RYT-500 – Vancouver School of Yoga (2013 – 2014)
70hr Yin Yoga – YYoga with Elle Scott (2014)
25hr Advanced Anatomy Yoga – Dr. Genieve Burley (2014)
Registered Yoga Teacher RYT-200 – Shine Yoga with Mike Nichols (2012 – 2013)
80hr Therapeutic Restorative Yoga – Christopher Manansala (2012 – 2013)
25hr Kids and family Yoga – Rainbow Kids Yoga (2013)
32hr Core Training – Yoga Outreach (2013)
Interdisciplinary design – Kwantlen Polytechnic University (2010)
EVENTS, WORKSHOPS, TEACHER TRAINING & PRESENTATIONS:
Karma Teachers: 25hr Traditional Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (2019)
Unite Soul Journeys: Yin Yoga + Sound Healing (2018)
Karma Teachers: Introduction to Restorative Yoga (2018)
Lululemon: Lila Summer Series (2018)
Victoria Yoga Conference: CoreRelations & (MEN)Tality: Men’s Gentle Yoga Circle (2018)
RYU: True Identity Yoga, (MEN)Tality: A State of Being, New Moon Meditation (2017)
YYOGA: Pride Ride, Stand With Orlando Fundraiser, Yoga on Grouse, Pride Sports Day Yoga (2016-2018)
Vancouver Yoga Expo (2016)
Yogathon Vancouver (2015 & 2016)
OutTV: Teen Angst Night *Spoken Word* (2015)
Love & Beyond (2013)
Karma Teachers, Vancouver, BC (December 2018 – February 2019)
200hr Yoga Teacher Training Assistant & Mentor
YYoga, Vancouver, BC (2017)
30hr YHot Teacher Training Assistant
YMCA, Vancouver, BC (2013 – 2014)
Positive Living BC, Vancouver, BC (2013)
Karma Teachers, Vancouver, BC (2013)
Gentle Yoga Program Manager and Community Outreach Coordinator
One Yoga for the People, Vancouver, BC (2013)
Karma Yogi Volunteer
Chopra Yoga Centre, Vancouver, BC (2013)
Queer Arts Festival, Vancouver, BC (2010)
Helped with gallery installation and ushered for performance.
Vancouver Queer Film Festival, Vancouver, BC (2010)
Body Energy Club
Lets work together:
All Yoga Styles With Verbal/Non-Verbal Guidance
Non-Studio / Community Class Videos
(P)RIDE Indoor Cycling Video Demo’s
SPOKEN WORD: TEEN ANGST NIGHT ON OUTTV FROM APRIL 2015
FORMS & RELEASES: